Inspired by Food & Wine
Either eat fresh after making or set the salad in the refrigerator to let the flavors marinate together for best flavor.
½ cups slivered almonds or whole, chopped
3 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon sugar or honey
1 head Savoy or Napa cabbage
2 scallions, thinly sliced
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
Freshly ground pepper
1. Whisk the vinegar, oil, soy sauce and sugar together.
2. Chop cabbage into bite sized pieces.
3. Toss the cabbage, sliced scallions and chopped cilantro together.
4. Add slivered/chopped almonds. Season with pepper and toss.
5. Drizzle the dressing over top and toss again.
*Save time, grab these kitchen tools:
– Mixing Bowl
– Measuring spoons
– Salad bowl
– Knife, if chopping almonds