By Chef Gretchen Fayerweather
6 Tablespoons olive oil
1 lemon, juiced
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
3/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
3/4 teaspoon paprika
1 pound skinless, boneless, chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch slices
2-3 sweet long peppers, deseeded and sliced into 1/2 inch thick strips
1/2 onion, sliced into 1/2 inch thick strips
1-2 kohlrabi, peeled and diced small
Tortilla wraps or pita bread
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup tahini (paste of ground sesame seeds)
1 lemon, juiced
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 cup warm water
1. In a large bowl, whisk 4 Tablespoons of oil, lemon juice, garlic, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and spices. Add chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil. Place chicken in a single layer on one end of the prepared pan.
3. In another bowl, toss the vegetables with remaining 2 Tablespoons olive oil and layer them in a single layer on the other side of the sheet pan. Season entire pan with salt and pepper.
4. Roast, stirring once, and turning pan to ensure even cooking. Cook for approximately 20-30 minutes or until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
5. Tahini sauce: In a food processor or blender, add garlic, tahini. lemon juice, cumin and a pinch of salt. Blend until smooth, adding warm water as needed until sauce is pour-able.
6. Remove chicken and vegetables from the oven, allow to rest 2 minutes. Drizzle with Tahini sauce, then slide into pita bread, or roll into tortilla wraps.
*Save time, grab these kitchen tools:
– Large knife and cutting board
– Measuring spoons and whisk
– 2 bowls, sheet pan and foil
– Food processor or blender