By Chef Gretchen Fayerweather
4 Tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, sliced thin
1 bell pepper, or 3-4 minis, sliced thin
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 medium tomatoes, sliced 1/4″ thick or quartered cherry tomatoes
1-2 squash and/or zucchini, sliced 1/4″ thick, optional
4-6 small potatoes, sliced 1/4″ thick
1 teaspoon each salt and black pepper
1 Tablespoon fresh thyme, or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan (optional)
1. Gather ingredients. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Heat stove to medium-high. In a saute’ pan or skillet heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil. Add the onion, peppers and garlic and saute’ until lightly caramelized.
3. Lightly grease or spray a casserole dish. Arrange the caramelized onions, peppers, garlic on the bottom.
4. Layer the potato, tomato, and zucchini/squash, edges overlapping, on top. You can lay each vegetable in its own layer, or alternate within each layer.
5. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with thyme and Parmesan and drizzle with olive oil. Cover the dish with lid or foil, bake for 30 minutes.
6. Remove the lid or foil and bake another 20-30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Remove from oven, allow to cool for 5 minutes and serve with more Parmesan!
*Save time, grab these kitchen tools:
– Large knife and cutting board
– Casserole dish
– Tongs or spoon
– Saute’ pan or medium skillet
– Measuring spoons