Prep Cook Total
- 2-3 large carrots
- 1 onion, chopped small
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced, for heat
- 1 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 3/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 14oz. can coconut milk
- sea salt, to taste
- Simmer the carrots, onions, ginger and curry powder in vegetable broth for 20-25 minutes, until carrots are soft.
- Allow to cool slightly, and then puree in a blender, working in batched if needed.
- Return to hear and stir in coconut milk until well combined.
- Season generously with sea salt, to taste.
- Serve hot, or chill until cold and serve as a vegetarian and vegan appetizer soup. Soup will thicken as it cools, so if serving cold, you may want to add a little extra liquid for consistency.