Spinach Artichoke Dip
By Chef Gretchen Fayerweather
This recipe is both dairy free and gluten free!
1 cup toasted cashews
1 ¼ cup mayonnaise
8 ounces spinach or swiss chard, cleaned
1 (13.5 ounce) can artichoke hearts, chopped and drained (optional)
1/3 cup green onions(scallions), finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced ½ tsp salt ½ tsp pepper
Options: 4 ounces goat cheese, cream cheese, or sour cream (no longer dairy free) Options: I typically will cook this directly in a large round of bread hollowed out as a bowl! (no longer gluten free)
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Add the cashews, mayonnaise, and spinach to a food processor.
3. Blend for 1-2 minutes, until somewhat creamy.
4. Transfer the cashew mixture to a large mixing bowl.
5. Add all remaining ingredients and stir together.
6. Transfer the dip to an oven-proof dish and bake for 20 minutes.
7. Serve with tortilla chips, cucumber slices or other vegetables.