Cider Glazed Acorn Squash
- 2 acorn Squash
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 C cider or unfiltered apple juice
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 4 Tbs butter
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease an 8x8 baking dish. Halve squash, and remove pith and seeds. Brush with olive oil. Season squash with salt and pepper and place cut side down in baking dish. Bake for 40 minutes.
2. While squash cooks, reduce cider in saucepan over medium heat. When cider has reduced to nearly 1/2 C, taste and add sugar if needed. Stir in butter.
3. Remove squash after 40 minutes and flip halves so cut side is now up. Brish cut areas with cider mixture and pour the rest evenly over squash. Bake additional 20 minutes or until fork tender.