Makes Yield: Serves 4 as a side dish | Source sent to us by Harvie.farm
- 1 large bunch kale or chard
- 1 large bunch spinach
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 3 green onions, chopped OR 1 large shallot, minced
- About 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea or kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Before you start, make sure your greens are prepared and ready to go. Give them a good rinse (dirty greens will taste gritty and, well, dirty!) and let them dry. Kale and chard need to be removed from the thickest part of the stem, but the thinner softer stems are fine to leave on. Give them a coarse chop into chunks a bit bigger than bite-sized. Greens will cook down and reduce in size.
- Once your greens are prepared, heat the garlic in olive oil for about a minute, then add the onions or shallot and heat for another minute or two.
- Add kale or chard and heat until just barely tender, about 6-8 minute for kale, and a little less for the chard.
- Add the spinach and cook just until wilted but still bright green, about 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately. (Optional, Sesame seeds.)