Sent to us by our CSA member, Lauren Roesti. She said,
Here is something I made last night and it was fabulous! I have a small garden for fresh herbs, but the tomatoes from CSA were amazing!
By Windset Farms
This beautiful Cameo® Elite tomato cake can be made a few days ahead and reheated. It tastes even better the next day!
- 1 Small head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 8 Large eggs
- 1 Cup AP flour
- 1 ½ tsp Baking powder
- ¼ tsp Ground turmeric
- ½ tsp Ground cumin
- pinch chili flakes
- 5 oz Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup Fresh basil, chopped
- 1 ½ cup Cameo® Elite tomatoes, sliced
- ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the over to 400 degrees
- Steam or roast cauliflower until tender, about 12 minutes
- In a small skillet heat the butter and olive over medium heat and sauté the garlic for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool. Transfer the garlic to a large bowl, add the eggs and basil, whisk well, and then add the flour, baking powder, turmeric, Parmesan, salt, and pepper. Whisk until smooth before adding the cauliflower and tomatoes and stirring gently, trying not to break up the florets.
- Spray a 9 1/2-inch/24-cm spring-form cake pan with cooking spray. Pour the cauliflower mixture into the pan, spreading it evenly.
- Place in the center of the oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until golden brown and set; a knife inserted into the center of the cake should come out clean.
- Remove from the oven and leave for at least 20 minutes before serving. It needs to be served just warm, rather than hot, or at room temperature.