Makes Yield: 4-6 Servings | Source revised from Farmer John’s Cookbook
If you enjoy the tangy-sweet taste that comes from adding mandarin oranges, raisins, or chunks of apples to a salad, then you already know how delicious fruit in salad can be. In this salad, bokchoy provides a succulent base.
- Your favorite brand of Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1/2 cup nuts (chopped almonds or walnuts goes well)
- 1 Tbsp. minced onion
- 1 large bok choy, trimmed, stems cut diagonally into thin slices, leaves sliced into thin strips
- 1 large sweet apple, peeled, cored, diced
- 1 cup red or purple grapes, halved
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Toast the almonds in a heavy (preferably cast iron) skillet over high heat until they begin to brown slightly. Transfer the nuts to a bowl to cool.
- Toss the bok choy, apple, onion, and grapes in a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the ingredients; toss until everything is thoroughly combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover the bowl and set it aside at room temperature for 15 minutes to let the flavors develop.
- When you’re ready to serve, stir in the nuts. Eat just like this or use as a topping for your lettuce.